"An effort made for the happiness of others lifts us above ourselves."
There are many organizations in the Edmonton region that do fantastic work. Here are just some of the great people and groups you can contact if you need help, or want to help others.
- YWCA: A women’s organization that advances the wellness and growth of women, girls, and families. They provide education and services to thousands every year through leadership programs, counselling, outdoor education, and supporting people with disabilities.
- Global's Women of Vision: A program that celebrates the accomplishments of outstanding Edmonton women.
- Alberta Council of Women's Shelters: An association of several of Alberta's Women shelters, providing first and second stage shelter from domestic violence, as well as emergency hotline support. Note: several of these shelters also provide services to men.
- Alberta Ministry for the Status of Women: Headed by Minister Shannon Philips, this provincial government ministry advocates for women's issues across the province.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs: A not-for-profit organization that helps women build successful businesses.
- AIM Alberta: Accessing Information Not Myths is an organization that champions medically accurate, non-judgmental sexual education in our public school systems.
- Hollaback Alberta: Part of the international Hollaback movement, this group combats cat-calling and street harassment across Alberta.
- City of Edmonton Gender-Based Violence Initiative: Another City of Edmonton Council Initiative, this group focuses on the prevention of partner violence and other forms of gender-based violence.
- Equal Voice: a national, non-partisan organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of government.